I absolutely love the smell of Ylang Ylang! I find it instantly takes me to a place of calm.
Interestingly, traditionally there were no uses for this essential oil, so it is thought that it was developed for the fragrance trade.
Uses and Benefits:
- Calming & Balancing – ylang ylang can help to calm the mind and balance you emotionally. Diffuse for 20 minutes after a hard day at work and it will help you unwind.
- Hair Growth – thought to stimulate hair growth. Add 20 drops to your usual bottle of shampoo, mix thoroughly and enjoy!
- Lowers Blood Pressure – can also help with rapid breathing, rapid heart beat and heart palpitations. Inhale direct from the bottle for physical support.
- Insomnia – because of its calming and meditative effects on the brain and body, it can help you to get a good night sleep! Check out my recipe for Linen Sleep Spray.
- Aphrodisiac – diffuse in the bedroom…
- Hormone balancing – may help balance hormones. Dilute to 2% in a carrier oil and apply to abdomen.
I buy my Ylang Ylang here.
Avoid use of Ylang Ylang if you have low blood pressure.
Always check for further contraindications or warnings.
A note on affiliates;
Some of the links on my website are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, the price is the same for you and I receive a small commission that helps to keep Nudi Organics up and running.