This is really easy to make and relatively inexpensive. The lavender essential oil it contains is very gentle and healing to the skin as well as providing a scent that is relaxing to the senses.
- 4 tbsp organic, unrefined, extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Beeswax
- 1 tbsp Shea Butter
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil. (I buy mine here)
- A glass jar
- Using a glass pyrex jug stood in hot water (or a double boiler) gently melt the coconut oil, shea butter and bees wax together. This can take a bit of time, but do not be tempted to overheat it to speed it up. This will destroy the therapeutic qualities of the ingredients.
- When melted, add the lavender oil, stir well and pour into the glass jar.
- Leave to cool, and it will naturally thicken.If you prefer a runnier consistency for application then use more coconut oil or olive oil. Likewise, if you prefer a thicker consistency then use more shea butter and bees wax.
Not got the time or inclination to make your own?
Check out these gorgeous creams, butters and lotions from Neal’s Yard
A note on affiliates;
Some of the links on my website are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, the price is the same for you and I receive a small commission that helps to keep Nudi Organics up and running.