Lunchbox treats can be tricky sometimes! No nuts allowed in school and for my kids I want something gluten free, nutrient dense and filling. These little winners contain raw cacao and raw cacao butter, both of which are rich in minerals such as magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron. They also contain flavonoids which are excellent antioxidants, plenty of B vitamins and healthy fat from Oleic acid. They tick all my boxes and my kids love them!
- 1/2 cup organic Puffed Rice
- 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3tbsp. organic Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Gently melt coconut oil in a pyrex bowl over hot water.
- Add the seeds, coconut flour, desiccated coconut and maple syrup and stir.
- Spread the mixture out in a lined brownie tin (8 inch) and put into the fridge to harden whilst you make the topping.
- Gently melt the cacao butter in a pyrex bowl or jug over hot water.
- Add the cacao powder and maple syrup and stir well.
- Poor the chocolate topping over the base.
- Return to the fridge for about 15 – 20 minutes so that the topping can set.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into squares.
- I store mine in an air tight container, (in the fridge in warm weather so they don’t melt).