Love, love, LOVE the smell of Sandalwood! Steam distilled from wood – mainly from Mysore in India, where historically it was used for incense. The ancient Egyptians used it for embalming too!
Uses and benefits:
- Calming – it can slow the emotions, reduce nervous tension and stress and help lift the spirit. Add a few drops to the diffuser in the evening and enjoy!
- Mental clarity – can help give insight into problems, reduce feelings of anger and aggression and foster cooperation. Add a few drops to a shot glass of milk and add to the bath for a nice relaxed soak.
- Respiratory issues – can be used to help ease the symptoms of bronchitis, dry coughs, sore throat and laryngitis. Diffusing and inhaling the oil can help, or diluting to 2% in a carrier oil and applying to the local area.
- Immune stimulant – may help to strengthen the immune system as well as support the body in fighting infection.
- Digestion – can be used to help support the body with diarrhoea, nausea, heart burn, constipation and vomiting. Diffusing for 20 minutes can help, or diluting to 2% in a carrier oil and applying to the local area.
- Acne – can help reduce signs of acne and balance oily skin. Add a few drops to your favourite jar of moisturiser.
- Impotence – said to support the body with issues associated with impotence and frigidity. Get diffusing in the bedroom!
Avoid Sandalwood if you have any kidney problems or are clinically depressed.
Always check for further contraindications or warnings.