Most people know that Chamomile tea is associated with feelings of calm and relaxation. In our increasingly busy lives, we need to take time for a few moments of calm and reflection. Roman Chamomile essential oil can help too.
Uses and Benefits:
- Calming and relaxing – diffuse a few drops at the end of a hectic day, or when you feel the need to take 5 minutes out to re-centre yourself. May also help with insomnia, so diffuse at bedtime for 15 minutes.
- Healing and soothing to the skin – chamomile can help calm inflamed skin and soothe eczema related conditions. See my recipe for Soothing Calendula and Chamomile balm
- Soothes muscular aches and pains – add 5 drops to 1 tbsp. coconut oil for a really simple massage balm (this makes less than 2% dilution).
- Digestive complaints – can help soothe the stomach and ease IBS related conditions. Diffuse for nausea, or make the above massage balm and apply to the stomach.
- Hormone balancing – may assist with balancing female hormones, easing period pain and symptoms of PMT. Add 5 drops to a shot glass of milk and mix into a warm bath. Then have a lovely relaxing soak for 20 minutes.
I buy my chamomile here.
Avoid use of Chamomile during early stages of pregnancy.
Always check for further contraindications or warnings.
A note on affiliates;
Some of the links on my website are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, the price is the same for you and I receive a small commission that helps to keep Nudi Organics up and running.