I love Easter! I love everything about Spring time and I am a massive fan of chocolate! Real raw chocolate is amazing! It tastes far better than processed chocolate and it has awesome health benefits too, so no need to feel guilty when you indulge!
Here are just some of the benefits of eating raw cacao;
- Rich in magnesium (essential to muscle and nerve function)
- High in antioxidants (higher than blueberries and goji berries!)
- Mood enhancing (raises serotonin levels)
- Studies show that it can lower blood pressure and the risks associated with coronary heart disease (1)
- It is a prebiotic (meaning that it feeds the good bacteria in your gut) (2)
Raw chocolate is really simple to make, so no excuse not to enjoy this amazing treat!
- Gently melt the cacao butter in a pyrex bowl over a pan of hot water (do not be tempted to speed this up by overheating it – you don’t want to destroy all the amazing nutrients in the cacao butter).
- Mix the remaining ingredients in with the melted cacao.
- Pour into silicon mould or if you don’t have one, you can pour out into a pre-lined baking dish to make a slab of chocolate.
- Put the mould into the fridge for half an hour to an hour to ensure it sets.
- Carefully remove the chocolate shapes from the mould and store in an airtight container. (We store ours in the fridge because we love cold chocolate!)