I sometimes find that this time of year can be a bit depressing. The festivities associated with the Christmas period have gone and we are in the middle of winter – cold, dark and often pretty wet too!
To cheer me up I often turn to my citrus oils which are well known for their uplifting properties and Orange is one of my favourites!
Orange Essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of the fruit. If you have ever peeled an orange, you will have got some of the oil on your hands and will have noticed the lovely aroma.
Uses and Benefits;
- Calming – helps to relieve nervousness, tension and stress. Diffuse a couple of drops and enjoy the effect of the wonderful aroma! If you find this oil particularly relaxing, add a few drops to a Glass Spray Bottle of water and spritz your pillow at night.
- Uplifting – motivating, refreshing and positive, this oil is a fantastic mood booster – great for beating the winter blues.
- Soothing to the skin – orange oil can help regulate oil production as well as softening thick and chapped skin. Add a couple of drops to your favourite moisturiser.
- Increases circulation and cell hydration – great in a body scrub to invigorate and energise. See my super easy DIY recipe here.
- Digestive issues – aids in the digestive process as well as easing constipation and encouraging fluid circulation. Add 4 drops to a shot glass of milk and pour into a warm bath. Then enjoy a soak for 20 minutes. (The milk helps to disperse the oil throughout the water).
I buy my orange oil here
As with all citrus oils, avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying directly to the skin. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Always check for further contraindications and warnings.
A note on affiliates;
Some of the links on my website are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, the price is the same for you and I receive a small commission that helps to keep Nudi Organics up and running.