Most lip balms contain petroleum jelly or palm oil. Neither of these are good for the environment or good to be absorbed by your body. By making your own you can avoid unwanted chemical additives.
- 2 tbsp raw organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp raw organic Shea Butter
- 2 tbsp raw organic Beeswax
- 4 x 30ml Glass Ointment Jars
- Using a glass pyrex jug stood in hot water (or a double boiler) gently melt the coconut oil, shea butter and bees wax together. This can take a bit of time, but do not be tempted to overheat it to speed it up. This will destroy the therapeutic qualities of the ingredients.
- Add the essential oils and mix well.
- Pour into small glass pots and leave out to cool.
- As the mixture cools it will harden.
Note – I like my lip balm to be fairly solid and to act as a good barrier on my lips. If you prefer something that is more quickly absorbed and with a softer consistency then use less bees wax and more coconut oil.
Not got the time or inclination to make your own?
Try one of these lovely lip balms from Ugly Apples Don’t forget to add the code Nudi-gift to the comments box at checkout to get your hands on a free gift!
A note on affiliates;
Some of the links on my website are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, the price is the same for you and I receive a small commission that helps to keep Nudi Organics up and running.