I think people often struggle to think of healthy breakfasts to make that are easy and not loaded with sugar. This is a firm favourite in our family, but usually saved for the weekends because it can take some time to prep. (Recipe adapted from Raising Generation Nourished).
- 100g coconut oil (can use organic, grass fed butter)
- 50g raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 120g tapioca flour (about 1 cup)
- 110g coconut flour (about ½ cup)
- 100g almond flour (about ½ cup)
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat oven to 150C
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Blend coconut oil (or butter) with honey until fluffy
- Add the eggs and lemon juice & zest and beat well.
- In separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir in well to form a dough.
- Take roughly tablespoon sizes of dough and roll into balls. Press out on the baking parchment to form cookies
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Your cookies should be firm on the outside and soft in the middle.
- These are definitely best eaten fresh, although ours never last that long anyway.