Also known as ‘Sunshine in a Bottle’, Grapefruit Essential Oil makes me think of a beautiful sunny day – the best sort of day for lifting the spirit!
Uses and Benefits:
- Refreshing, clarifying and uplifting the mind as well as aiding with memory retention. This could be diffused when studying to help focus. Also good for jet lag!
- Calming – this oil gives a sense of contentment and peace. Inhale direct from the bottle or diffuse in the air for 20 minutes to help sooth your nerves.
- Headaches and migraines – diffusing may help to relieve a headache, or dilute to 5% in a carrier oil and apply to the temples for relief.
- Disinfects the air – strongly antiseptic, this oil can be diffused to purify the air.
- Eases muscle fatigue – dilute to 5% maximum in a carrier oil and apply to tired and stiff muscles to revive them!
- Detoxification – increases circulation and stimulates the lymphatic system.
- Eases Water Retention – together with the above point associated with detoxification, it can be diluted and applied to the skin to reduce cellulite. You could also use it in my citrus body scrub recipe for this purpose too!
Unlike most citrus oils, grapefruit is not known to be phototoxic (so it wont increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun).
A note on affiliates;
Some of the links on my website are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, the price is the same for you and I receive a small commission that helps to keep Nudi Organics up and running.