Everyone loves crackers don’t they? Well here is my recipe for grain-free crackers which contain no nasties. They are simple to make and great for a snack with your favourite dip!
- 120g almond flour
- 90g tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted slowly by placing in a glass bowl over a pan of hot water)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the melted coconut oil and egg.
- Very carefully and slowly add small amounts of water to the mixture until it forms a dough that is smooth and not crumbly.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of baking parchment until it is about 2mm thick.
- Cut the dough into squares and carefully lift onto a pre-greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the dough is hard to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack and then store in an air tight container.