This is one of my favourite breakfasts! Rich in Omega-3 an essential fatty acid, needed for the health of every cell in the body, and something we can only get from food.
Ingredients: (serves 2-3)
- 2 cups plant based milk (I use almond or oat milk)
- 1/2 cup oats (we use gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- berries and or seeds / nuts to serve
- Put all ingredients except honey, seeds and berries into a saucepan and stir well.
- Heat gently for about 5 minutes, until you have the consistency you like. If it gets too thick, you can add more milk or some water to thin it out.
- When you take it off the heat, add your honey and stir well.
- Then decant into bowls, add your berries and seeds and enjoy!