All this hot dry weather is playing havoc with my hair! Don’t get me wrong, I am NOT complaining, I absolutely LOVE the sun and the heat, but I’m not so sure my hair does. Coupled with the fact that I blow dry my hair now that it is shorter and needs styling, I have very dry hair…
So this weekend I had a play around and came up with a great deep conditioning hair treatment which has restored the softness and some of the shine that my hair needed! Phew…
This recipe contains castor oil which provides a barrier against moisture loss, helping to protect and provide a good conditioner for dry and brittle hair.
- 1 tbsp. Shea Butter
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. Castor oil
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil which you can buy here
- Gently melt the Shea Butter and coconut oil together in a glass bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Add the castor oil and rosemary essential oil and stir.
- Pour into a glass jar. This should keep for a few months if stored in a cool, dry place, but if used weekly, it wont last that long!
- Apply the oil to the hair and massage in from root to tip.
- Leave the oil to work its magic for at least half an hour.
- Shampoo the hair BEFORE you get it wet, this will ensure the oils are properly rinsed out and no residue is left.
- Rinse hair and repeat shampooing if desired.
Not got the time or inclination to make your own? Neal’s Yard sell a deep conditioning treatment which you can get here.