You have probably noticed I am a bit of a chocoholic (my recipes are definitely weighted this way!) but I am an advocate of eating REAL chocolate that is full of nutrients, not the sugar laden bars you buy in the shops – there is a big difference!
Check out more information here on the benefits of eating raw chocolate.
This recipe is really quick to make and is a big hit with my kids – its an easy addition to the lunchbox and doesn’t contain nuts.
- 8 tbsp. raw organic Coconut Oil (just over 1/2 cup)
- 3 tbsp. organic Coconut Nectar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp. raw Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 1/2 cups organic Crispy Rice
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a glass bowl over a pan of hot water (careful not to overheat as this destroys some of the nutritional value of the oil).
- Mix all the remaining ingredients with the oil, except the puffed rice.
- Finally add the puffed rice last and mix together.
- Spoon into muffin cases and put into the fridge to set – this usually takes about half an hour.
- Store crispy cakes in an air tight container. (We leave ours in the fridge – they can melt if it is warm!)