I LOVE this recipe! It came from my friend Vanessa Woosley at The Life Sutra – http://thelifesutra.com It is simple to make, tastes delicious and provides everyone with some good healthy probiotics. Winner!
I know people are often pressed for time in the mornings. You could save this recipe for the weekend, or I sometimes make up a large batch and then store the pancakes in the fridge for a day or so.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond butter (I have used other nut butters too)
- 1 tbsp linseeds (I have also used the ground version – flaxseed)
- 2 eggs
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- Some kefir yoghurt
- A handful of berries (my children like strawberries or blueberries best)
- Blend the bananas, flour, almond butter, linseeds and eggs together into a smooth batter.
- Gently heat the oil or butter in a frying pan.
- Drop heaped tablespoons of the batter into the pan to form little rounds – I usually fit 4 or 5 in the pan at a time, but it will depend on the size you make (sometimes we make really tiny ones and see how many we can get in the pan).
- When you start to see little bubbles form on the pancakes they are ready to turn and cook the other side.
- Turn out onto a plate, pour on the kefir and add berries. Enjoy!