Apple cider vinegar is great for making your hair shine because it smoothes the cuticles covering the hair shaft, whilst also removing build up and resides from shampoo and hard water.
The great news is that it is not expensive and a conditioning rinse is really easy to make!
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp Water
- Essential oils of your choice (optional). I like to use Cedarwood and Rosemary oil for my oily hair, which also both stimulate the scalp and can help to thicken hair.
- Spray bottle
- Add the vinegar and water to the spray bottle.
- If using essential oils, include 10 – 20 drops (which will give you roughly 0.5% – 1% dilution).
- Shake bottle well before use, then spray on clean wet hair and leave in for a couple of minutes before rinsing off. There will be a faint smell of vinegar but it will be gone by the time your hair is dry!