I don’t eat conventional bread anymore, and for me, this grain-free alternative is delicious. Its also really filling, so is great for breakfast with your favourite nut butter on top!
- 2 cups Organic Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Organic Flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp pink salt or rock salt (not table salt)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 organic, free range eggs
- 1 tbsp Organic Coconut Nectar
- 1 tbsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Grease or line a loaf tin (I prefer to use glass – if using metal then your recipe will cook faster)
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Crack and beat the eggs, then add these to the bowl along with the cider vinegar
- Pour the batter into your loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes (as noted above, if using a metal tin, bake for less time – about 30 minutes)
- Watch to ensure that the loaf is just browned slightly on top, and check it has cooked through using a tooth pick (which should come out clean).
- Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- I store my bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.